domct203

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 3, 2015
CT
This is my third season as a pool owner, I wish I found this site 3 years ago!

My first two seasons were with a 15' X 42" Easy Set, this year we setup a 18' X 48" Ultra Frame.

I've already put the info on this forum to great use, I'll be installing a Hayward wall skimmer this weekend, and now that I have a proper test kit I'm confident that it should be an enjoyable season.

Before I understood CYA, I had been using tricolor "Quick-Tabs" in addition to a stabilizer that I added at fill-up. Now I understand why my pool kept going green! I thru the Quick Tabs in the garbage last night and will be bringing home a few gallons of bleach tonight!

Here are yesterday's numbers:

Temp 62F
CYA 50ppm
FC 5.2ppm
CC 0.2ppm
pH 7.2
CH 20ppm

I hope to contribute to the community as I learn from the experts!!

Dom

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Good that you already have one of the recommended test kits!!

You r numbers look great. I would pull those tabs out of the trash. First they are hazardous materials that should not go in the normal reuse stream. Second, they last forever. Put them in a nice dry place and at some point you will need to bring your CYA up a little. That is the time for tabs. Vacation? No one to add bleach - tabs. TFPC tenet - Never put chemistry in your pool when you do not know the outcome See, you know wha tthe tabs do and can account for them.

Also, it appears you are using 25 mL sample for 0.2 ppm accuracy. You can go ahead and use 10 mL sample for 0.5 ppm accuracy. It will save you reagents and is close enough for us.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I didn't really throw them in the trash, it was a metaphor. I put them in the garage, and using them for vacations or to raise CYA is a great idea, thanks!

I plan to bring the FC up as recommended with bleach this evening. I was going to do it last night but the Mrs only had a little left & I like sleeping inside LOL.

Dom

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I didn't really throw them in the trash, it was a metaphor. I put them in the garage, and using them for vacations or to raise CYA is a great idea, thanks!

I plan to bring the FC up as recommended with bleach this evening. I was going to do it last night but the Mrs only had a little left & I like sleeping inside LOL.

Dom

Welcome Dom, and good call on the bleach. Plus when you go out and get bleach be sure to keep a couple of gallons around and when she runs out, she can borrow from you. Your a hero now. :cool: Things like that work around here at the bosses house !:salut:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.