pool walls/floor very slimy/oily feeling

Jul 16, 2014
Evansville, IN
First time in this year, and found the walls and floor of pool are very slick. Slimy/oily feeling. After rubbing hands across the walls, they are kind of tacky feeling.

FC = 5
Ph = 7.2
TA = 70
CH = 375
CYA = 75
Salt = 3800
Temp = 85
Water is clear.

I haven't been scrubbing the pool walls/floor at all, maybe once since opening back in mid May.

When opening, there was a bunch of slimy looking stuff in the skimmer area, of course it went everywhere after taking the cover off the opening.

Thanks.

Given that your CYA is 75 ppm, an FC of 5 is just below what we recommend as the minimum for that CYA level. The slimy feeling is an early indicator of a nascent algae bloom. I would take the high road and SLAM Process the pool. BTW, you do have a FAS-DPD chlorine test right? You will need it for the SLAM along with lots of bleach.

Given that your CYA is 75 ppm, an FC of 5 is just below what we recommend as the minimum for that CYA level. The slimy feeling is an early indicator of a nascent algae bloom. I would take the high road and SLAM Process the pool. BTW, you do have a FAS-DPD chlorine test right? You will need it for the SLAM along with lots of bleach.

??? A FC of 5 is right where it should be for a SWG pool with a CYA of 75 correct? I am thinking that he did not notice you were SWG...

Regardless, if it is slimy it has some algae, so a SLAM is in order.

Now get scrubbing!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.