More questions

MGood

May 31, 2015
Eldridge Iowa
attachment.php

Hi everyone! We met with the pool company today and it went good I have a couple questions. First..we decided on a L shape pool that is 1,200 sq ft. The price is $30,000 for just the pool and almost $14,000 for our add ons. Does the price seem right? One of the things I want is these steps and tanning ledge. They will do them but are concerned that people won't realize the ledge drops off. I think with the shape of the ledge and with the stairs on both sides it will be fine. The steps will be 4 ft wide on each side of the 12 ft ledge. What do all of you think??

THe $30K base price for the pool is in line with pricing I saw here in Cincinnati last year. I cannot comment on your $14K worth of add on's because I do not know what they are.

I would not be worried about the ledge. What depth are you going to make the ledge? Same depth as the top stair?

Ledge will be the same as first step. That is the shallow end that will be 4 feet. The add ons are the ledge and underliner steps 20', 250 gas heater, diving board, salt water generator, mesh safety cover, solar cover, two LED lights, and another foot to their 3 ft perimeter to make it 4 ft.

QUIck ball park pricing without looking anything up.

Diving Board ~ $1K
SWG ~ $1K
Safety Cover ~ $2K
Led Light #1 ~ $800
Led Light #2 ~ $800
Solar Cover ~ $300
Safety Cover ~ $2500

Subtotal ~ $8400

Concrete (guessing that will be 2 extra yards of concrete at $500 per yard) ~ $1000

Subtotal ~$9400

That leaves $4600 for the heater and the ledge, which seems reasonable. And again, those prices that I listed were ballparks from memory.

Thanks Yev! Here is what I have.��

Concrete -$980
6' diving board-$800
2 lights-$1,440
20' underliner steps with ledge-$3,800
250,000 heater-$1,875
solar blanket-$495
meyco winter cover 5' spacing-$4,200
salt water system-$1,500

Here is one thing that you should discuss with your builder. Where will the returns be placed to help keep debris from settling on the ledge? Since the ledge will be only in about 4" of water you cant just put a return at the end of the ledge. So then you might have to put a return on the side wall of the steps and have it shoot directly across the ledge.

I have found that my low ledge likes to catch debris, and has less than ideal circulation. I end up with very small patches of dust/dirt on the floor of the ledge, that I just have to brush forcefully into the rest of the pool to get it out, and then when it settles in teh shallow end I can vacuum it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.