Check out my filters!!

So, last weekend my pump started running a little rough. It was having a hard time building and keeping pressure and just didn't sound right. After letting it run for a little while, I decided it would be a good idea to shut it down and check my filters. Mind you, the pump pressure never went up. I check it religiously when I'm out back and it's running. It never rose even close to 10% higher than the clean pressure. Anyway, imagine my surprise when I opened it up and this is what all four filters looked like!

YGFnXqDl.jpg

I was pretty ****** at myself for not checking these sooner, but I just went to work and cleaned them all up. Here is the after picture of what they all looked like after I was finished.

ASMyzx6l.jpg

Luckily, everything seems to be running fine after the cleanup. I'm now scheduling myself to check the filters at least once every two weeks for a while to make sure this doesn't happen again. We have crazy winds where I live and my house is on top of a hill, so we get a wind tunnel going every time. No surprise that this much **** would blow into my pool. I'm glad I got lucky this time, but I don't want to tempt fate again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.