I am freaking out!! I came home from work and found THREE dead birds in my skimmer and 1 floating in the pool. Not more than an hour later there was another dead one floating in the pool. Does anyone have any advice how to keep the birds out of the pool AND do I need to worry about any diseases in the pool or should the chlorine I put in be enough? Do I need to shock it? My numbers with the birds in the pool were 0CC and FC of 8 ph 7.5

Should be fine. But you forgot to post your CYA. lol

Wow, that is strange. We are a big bird family and have birdbaths and feeders all over the yard. We have never had a bird in the pool. For the amount of time they were there I would not think there would be any issues, but you could raise the FC up for a day just to be sure.

Are they babies?? It is that time of year in Illinois when the babies fly the nest, and fours out they can't fly yet!!

You should be ok from a sanitation standpoint. Just get them out ASAP.

Not a whole lot you can do to keep them out of there as far as I know. It's just gravity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My CYA is below 20. I have been trying to raise it, but I need to add more stabilizer. My FC is higher than normal b/c I have been trying to get to 0 from .5 in my CC. It has been 0 for a few days now, so I think I am good. I am just not home to keep an eye on my pool during the day, so I put in about a 1/2 gal. of bleach in the morning and it has kept me at around 8 for a few days. School will be over on Monday; then I can let my FC fall to normal range and then I can keep an eye on it better.

I just wanted to make sure the darned birds weren't undoing all my hard work! Really, I feel sorry for them and hope that there aren't any more surprises tomorrow. I'm afraid to even lift the lid off of my skimmer. GROSS! I wonder if flags or something would keep them away. Somebody mentioned they have birdbaths and house; I wonder if I put out some bird baths if that would help. There's also a lot of bird droppings around the edge of my pool. Really icky!!!!

I had baby birds. One wasn't very lucky.

I've tried 3 times to set the pic correctly. I'm done! lol

My wifi usually nets out a half dozen or so overachievers every year. The cat usually sits by the window and cackles at them to warn her to fish them out. Most are still alive.

Then he cackles at her for not giving them to him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.