Happy with our Intex AGP - up for a year

Apr 18, 2014
Los Angeles USA
Last year at this time my husband and I were just installing our 16' x 48" Intex AGP. We left it up, covered and running the Intex SWG through the mild southern CA winter. The water has been clear, no problem with chemistry. I may have cleaned the filter and SWG once or twice during the winter. I think we did everything right and the pool has been delightful.

Congrats! It's so nice to enjoy the pool instead of fighting with it.

I think it's better, not to mention easier, to leave these pools up year-round. Less wear and tear on them. I think most of the small punctures in them are the result of taking them down and moving them around. I'm going to leave mine up and see how long it lasts. I got 3 years out of the previous one before it rusted out, but I took it down over the winter too.

I think it's better, not to mention easier, to leave these pools up year-round. Less wear and tear on them. I think most of the small punctures in them are the result of taking them down and moving them around. I'm going to leave mine up and see how long it lasts. I got 3 years out of the previous one before it rusted out, but I took it down over the winter too.

i wish i had that option but seriously, this past winter was bad not so much with snow but friggen cold etc and i'm afraid of ice and poking through the lining, so it's been 3 yrs and i have been storing away I just feel much more safe this way.

I'm going on my 3rd year with mine through 2 very cold snowy winters. Left it up all winter after closing when the water temp dropped below 50. Drained pool to just below the lowest plumbing hole, removed the hoses and pump and drained the sand filter. Tied three truck innertubes together and attached to the sides of the pool so they would stay in the middle, covered with a mesh cover. Pool was pretty much frozen solid and covered with snow all winter, no problems with the liner. Opened up when water temp got to around 50 to a perfectly clear pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.