Intex SWG low flow alert

Jun 3, 2015
Elgin
I have changed filters, cleaned the little flapper in the intake side of my Krystal Clear SWG system, and even hooked up another pump to the pool. I have water flow like a fire hose, and the SWG still beeps and shuts down after about 20 seconds with a low flow signal. Does anyone have any ideas on why I would have this problem when I have sufficient water flow.

Hi, welcome to TFP! First make sure the cylinder is connected so the flow of water from the pump pushes the flapper open. I believe there are arrows molded into the cylinder to show the flow of water. Those arrows should point in the same direction as the flow of water into the pool. How long have you had this unit?

Thanks for responding zea3. I used the same system last year and it worked fine. It is connected the right way which is what made this puzzling to me.

- - - Updated - - -

How do I clean the cell with vinegar?

It came with a cap to close off one end of the cell, remove the cell, cap it, fill with vinegar and let it dissolve any build up, rinse, repeat until clean.

This is the first time my computer would let me log back on this site. I filled my SWG with vinegar and let it soak for a day. I reconnected it to the pool, and still have the same results. It will run and produce for about 20-30sec and then quits and displays low flow. Should I pull the ceramic looking thing out and brush it with vinegar?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.