Test colors gone haywire?..

Chelle

May 12, 2011
South West, MO
Got the pool up and running this year shocked it from green to clear everything is great, but when I did the test with my Taylor K2006 all of the colors were way off. I know for a fact there is chlorine in the pool, I can smell it, but I can add R0870 powder and I can never get pink. My pH test is so low I'm guessing around 5, very light yellow. And for TA, when I add the first drop of our R0007 it immediately turns bright red, not green! Is it just time for a new test kit? This is last years, but was kept in a cool dry place. Or am I just doing something wrong? Or is this something in the water that causes all of the colors to go haywire?

Sounds like the high chlorine level is skewing your color changing. That's common with our kits when we are SLAMming with exceptionally high chlorine amounts. There are a couple tricks to getting some of the colors to work for you when the chlorine is high. I don't use the K2006, but I suspect some of the TFP'ers will chime-in with that advice.

Hey Texas, let me clarify. I opened the pool May 1 and have had chlorine leveled off since about May 15. I was testing with a basic kit because my Taylor kit gave weird results from the get go. I was going to order a new one after I was sure the chlorine levels were "normal", but thought I would check with TFP first. ����

Oh, I see. :) Yeah, best to get a fresh kit, or at the very least replace some of the agents as needed. If you have any questions about how or where to order, just let us know. I know they have the refills and/or new kits at my link below (TF-100).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.