Lurker posts pics

Islanti

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2008
Orange County, CA
I've been a lurker for the past few months as I've learned how not to create a swamp in my new pool. See, when I moved recently our new home had a lovely pool, spa, and bar area already built. I've finally gotten around to taking some pictures to share of our yard.

We've got about 1/4 acre, which is fairly large for Southern California. Air temp is a bit chilly these days to be in the pool but if I want to spend the money we can heat it to a reasonable temp in about 4 hours. When rats aren't chewing through the wires, anyway (our first repair!).

The pool system is all Pentair equipment. We did have a new panel installed (something Touch 8) which allows us to control the pool, spa, waterfall / slide, and yard lights spa-side, from a remote, or from inside the house.

Attachments

• P1000845.JPG
    P1000845.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 2,133
  • P1000848.JPG
    P1000848.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 2,133
  • P1000849.JPG
    P1000849.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 2,133
I'm packing right now! Crank that baby up! :mrgreen:

Your pool is awesome! Love IT! 8)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I look at it and see all the work I want to do still! The concrete needs to be re-colored. The landscaping could use some work (too much of a view of the neighbors, dead grass, annoying plant by the waterfall). Behind the pool is a long narrow stretch where the pool equipment is located that's unfriendly (we use it as "smoker's alley" :lol:). We're planning to grade it and fill it with some kind of feet-friendly gravel at some point as well as put a wall up around the pool equipment.

I'll be sure to post more pictures as we get work done.

One fun thing I'm not sure anyone noticed... there's a 2 person grotto behind the waterfall for those intimate evenings. 8)

Welcome to TFP!!

Beautiful pool/ set up!

My 11 year old daughter would love your avitar (she's going through a panda phase right now :) ) I would love the double kegger :-D

Glad things are going well with the pool and the only reason you're posting is to show us the pics we so love!! Also I think it's great you supported the site!! :goodjob:

I hope the pool continues to be trouble free and that the only reason you'll post is to show us some more pics or answer a post (even if it's just one of our off topic chats) 8)

Ted

I see Joyce answered whilst I was, I agree that the grotto would be a great place to get intimate with a pitcher of Sam Adams :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.