Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lurker posts pics

1. Back To Top    #1

Lurker posts pics

I've been a lurker for the past few months as I've learned how not to create a swamp in my new pool. See, when I moved recently our new home had a lovely pool, spa, and bar area already built. I've finally gotten around to taking some pictures to share of our yard.

We've got about 1/4 acre, which is fairly large for Southern California. Air temp is a bit chilly these days to be in the pool but if I want to spend the money we can heat it to a reasonable temp in about 4 hours. When rats aren't chewing through the wires, anyway (our first repair!).

The pool system is all Pentair equipment. We did have a new panel installed (something Touch 8) which allows us to control the pool, spa, waterfall / slide, and yard lights spa-side, from a remote, or from inside the house.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    4th Year Pool owner in Sinking Spring PA
    46'x23' Free Form Concrete (34,000 gallons), Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen Finish, Pentair IntelliChlor SWG
    Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair D.E. FNS Filter, Pentair MasterTemp heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lurker posts pics

More pictures...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    46'x23' Free Form Concrete (34,000 gallons), Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen Finish, Pentair IntelliChlor SWG
    Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair D.E. FNS Filter, Pentair MasterTemp heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Very nice! TWO beers on tap. Shame it's such a long drive
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Very nice! TWO beers on tap. Shame it's such a long drive
    ROAD TRIP!!! 8)

Beautiful property! I love the pool, but the firepit is GREAT! love the natural look!

Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5

It is beautiful!

I absolutely love your water fall and slide! 8)
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm packing right now! Crank that baby up!

Your pool is awesome! Love IT! 8)
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I look at it and see all the work I want to do still! The concrete needs to be re-colored. The landscaping could use some work (too much of a view of the neighbors, dead grass, annoying plant by the waterfall). Behind the pool is a long narrow stretch where the pool equipment is located that's unfriendly (we use it as "smoker's alley" ). We're planning to grade it and fill it with some kind of feet-friendly gravel at some point as well as put a wall up around the pool equipment.

I'll be sure to post more pictures as we get work done.

One fun thing I'm not sure anyone noticed... there's a 2 person grotto behind the waterfall for those intimate evenings. 8)

8. Back To Top    #8

Yep, I missed the grotto!

It is very cool but very private! Enjoy!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome to TFP!!

Beautiful pool/ set up!

My 11 year old daughter would love your avitar (she's going through a panda phase right now ) I would love the double kegger

Glad things are going well with the pool and the only reason you're posting is to show us the pics we so love!! Also I think it's great you supported the site!!

I hope the pool continues to be trouble free and that the only reason you'll post is to show us some more pics or answer a post (even if it's just one of our off topic chats) 8)

Ted

I see Joyce answered whilst I was, I agree that the grotto would be a great place to get intimate with a pitcher of Sam Adams
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm just getting over a huge snow storm we had and these shots were just what i needed to get me fired up for my opening!! great stuff! thanks

11. Back To Top    #11

The pool is so cool that it's almost unreal. Would love to swim around in that.
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

That is a showplace! Thanks for sharing it. BTW, what you most likely have is a Pentair Intellitouch control system (in case it comes up).
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

13. Back To Top    #13

Beautiful!

14. Back To Top    #14

Wonderful waterfall! Added to the slide show.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

15. Back To Top    #15

Beautiful pool! My kids would love the slide.