Good Pump/Filter for little 10 foot above ground pool

I just have a little 10' above ground pool, that's about 4 feet deep, and I mostly just let the dogs romp around in it in the summer. The pool I have is just a cheap Summer Escapes Pool that I got at Big Lots last year. I have not set it up yet this year... I tore the whole thing down last winter and stored the liner and everything in the basement.

Last year the pump that came with the pool would often stop, and we tended to have a mosquito breeding problem in the pool, which is just gross. And when I got out of town in the summer, which I do for long weekends, my husband forgets to check the pool to make sure the pump is still working.

So I was thinking maybe to invest in a good $100 or so pump that would be reliable and not go out, keep the water and chlorine moving around, so we don't breed mosquitoes and get algae this year.

Been looking around the forums but haven't found something that I'm looking for. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. The pool is usually up for only 3 or 4 months of the year.

Thanks!
Cynthia

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

See what Summer Escapes offers in a sand filter and pump setup. No idea the costs, but for a $100 you are going to have to stick with the cheaper "disposable" equipment like Summer Escapes / Intex.

Okay thanks... sorry for the late reply. What would be a more realistic price range for a filter/pump setup? I read a little bit about Sand Filters on this site, but need to read a bit more. The pool is a pretty cheap one, and I can get another whole pool and everything for about $89, which is cheaper than buying a replacement liner... it seems. :p

But either way, I do want a nice solid reliable filter/pump for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing a quick look through Amazon.. this one looks like a good one, it's Intex, for $130.00

http://goo.gl/TB4Uxj

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.