Pump not priming

Jun 19, 2011
Hi, I have a 1 hp Hayward power flo lx pump. I think it's not priming but I'm not sure. I fill the basket with water and turn the pump on. It clears the water out from the basket but then no water pumps through. I have it hooked up to a proline filter. I just changed the sand in the filter. I don't think that would have anything to do with this problem. I checked for leaks but really didn't see any. And the lid on this filter is a real ***** to loosen. So I believe it has a tight seal. Any ideas?

20150603_110913.jpg

Since your pump is blow the water line, whenever you take the lid off pump basket water should pour out of it.

Maybe there's something stuck in the skimmer bottom or the line from the skimmer to the pump?

I assume that the water level is high enough in the pool! :shock:

I think your hoses are hooked up backwards.

The bottom is cropped. Does that black hose by the pump strainer lead to the top of the filter the way it looks?

The white hose off the skimmer should go to the inlet by the pump basket.

Or the black hose off the pump should go to the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.