Raypak 2100 265A new circuit board

Jun 1, 2015
savage mn
I have Raypak 2100 265A with digitla controls. The LCD on the old board is failing. It flickers badly then goes out completly. the LCD is soldered to the board. I got a new replacement board. The new board has the ignition build it. I read the instrctions and installed the board with a new thermistor and new pilot assemlbly. The new board is giving me a GVO error. I reinstalled the old board and it still works (badly). I measured the voltages at the gas valve and they are different with the new board but I dont know what to do next. Is it a bad board? What else can I check?

Thanks for the help
Sanman68

The heater is a 2001. It is a digital heater.
The board I got from ebay... The new board is RAYPAK part number 601720.
GVO stands for gas valve open, but the gas valve is not opening. I have read the valve is getting either no signal or the signals are at the wrong time.

There are 4 wires on the valve. One is ground(Green). I think one terminal gets voltage from the thermopile and then opens the valve. I don't know which one though. I have a digital multimeter to read voltages.

The bummer is the old board works but so badly I cant use it.

Thanks

Is the heater a natural gas or propane unit? Is the ground inside in good shape? I wonder if you got a board for a propane unit and you have natural gas.

The boards are the same for propane or natural gas. Mine is Gas. At this point I'm pretty sure I got a bad board because the heater is working with old board(I to set the temp when it is cool because once it warms up I cant see the LCD at all).

Sanman68

Yes the boards are the same but if you have a propane heater, there is a tab you break off of the board. When this is done the board will know and it does act differently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.