Hayward Saline C 6.0

Any of you guys have experience with these Hayward commercial units?

We've been using a patented unit from an independent Ca manufacture for the last several years. Won't use business name out of fairness to them. We recently upgraded to their newer designed unit that cost me $3600 but it's not cutting the mustard so it's going back.

With swimming season in full swing here in Ca, I desperately need my pool in operation for my guests.

Our pool is a much older in-ground pool (35k gallon) with original copper plumbing. Im hoping to re-plumb and rebuild this fall with PVC and new skimmers.

I've been using above said unit for about a decade now so I've never researched any other type of chlorinator's. Any help or advice is appreciated.

There may be no real need for a commercial SWG with a pool that is 35k. You just need one rated to about 60k or so. Circupool, Autopilot, and Pentair all have them in that size.

Although that is about 1/3 the design size of the Saline C 6.0. With very heavy use, maybe a 60k cell is not large enough.

The pool is located at a hotel I own, so yes, it gets used more than average home use. We are also well over 100 degrees for the duration of our swim season.

Another hotel owner down the road has some sort of Hayward system rated for 40k gallons. He told me today that is does not keep up when we have long spells of hot days and has to add liquid chlorine to keep up. I'd rather invest in an oversized unit if it will prevent having to add additional chlorine.

The system I have now is essentially a salt version. But instead of adding salt to the pool water, I add salt to a tank and then it's processed through cells, then the brine is injected into the return lines.

After talking with the other hotel owner, i realized that my current system is basically the same as the Hayward or other brands. It's just a different way of doing the same thing. Either way, I need a better system as mine is not working for us.

Thanks for the help.

Is the question more about the new version or the old one? The saline c 6.0 is basically just a bigger version of the residential units that produces up to 6 lbs of chlorine per day. It has to have a salt level in the water, then it breaks the salt apart to make chlorine. The older system you mention with the salt tank sounds like one I've read about when I was researching swg's. It uses a much more concentrated brine solution in a tank, which it processes slowly to make chlorine that it adds to the pool. If you just switched from the tank system to this new one without verifying the amount of salt that is in the pool water, that could be the problem. There's not enough salt in the bulk pool water for the new swg to make chlorine. Maybe I am misunderstanding the situation, but that's how I interpreted it. The saline c 6.0 doesn't use a tank according to the Hayward literature and installation drawings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the question more about the new version or the old one? The saline c 6.0 is basically just a bigger version of the residential units that produces up to 6 lbs of chlorine per day. It has to have a salt level in the water, then it breaks the salt apart to make chlorine. The older system you mention with the salt tank sounds like one I've read about when I was researching swg's. It uses a much more concentrated brine solution in a tank, which it processes slowly to make chlorine that it adds to the pool. If you just switched from the tank system to this new one without verifying the amount of salt that is in the pool water, that could be the problem. There's not enough salt in the bulk pool water for the new swg to make chlorine. Maybe I am misunderstanding the situation, but that's how I interpreted it. The saline c 6.0 doesn't use a tank according to the Hayward literature and installation drawings.

The new SWG I bought is produced by an independent MFG here in Ca. They're not a new company but their product is problematic and has been for the last 2 generations of models. The last one I bought 3 years ago was plagued with issues and set us back $3200 initially, but cost us $100's to keep it running. The newly redesigned model I just installed is a complete new design that impressed me enough to fork over $3600. After one week of use, this new unit is now suffering from similar issues that I had with the 2nd gen model. Sorta of ironic that the very first gen model lasted us almost 5-6 years without issue. Nonetheless, I made contact with them, asked them to pick it up and informed them that we would not be paying for their product.

Their product product has zero issues with producing chlorine from salt. It's a patented design that works well. It's their delivery system that's bunked and doesn't work consistently and at times, produces a tremendous amount of chlorine gas when not operating correctly.

Our first unit worked great until the design change and parts for the old unit were no longer available. I got taken financially on the second model and I took a chance on the the 3rd model. It's time for me to move on.

Thanks again.

When I was comparing them to see which one I wanted to buy I wondered over into the commercial side just to see how big they actually made them. My pool is around 32k gallons, and we recommend sizing them 2-3x the size of your pool so you can run your pump less. I bought a compupool si-60+ which I believe is the biggest residential unit made at 3.1lbs/day. The price break between mine and anything larger was enough that I didn't keep looking. I got mine from discountsaltpool.com. They were great to work with, and they sell commercial units too, including the C 6.0. I'd at least compare prices vs the quote you already have. http://m.discountsaltpool.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdiscountsaltpool.com%2FCommercial-saltwater-chlorine-generators.php#3041

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.