Adding CYA question

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
I have noticed many saying they put the CYA in a sock (correctly) but then putting it in the skimmer. (Thinking incorrect) Has the recommendations changed, as when someone mentions it, no one is recommending they place it near the return, as in the past. Just curious....

I have noticed many saying they put the CYA in a sock (correctly) but then putting it in the skimmer. (Thinking incorrect) Has the recommendations changed, as when someone mentions it, no one is recommending they place it near the return, as in the past. Just curious....
Recommendation changed. Eithe or both is fine. If the pump is on all the time, there's as much water flowing through the skimmer as coming out the returns and it's a lot simpler to rig.

From Richard's Inspirational Links thread: Recovering my old inspirational links

attachment.php

I actually took my cleaning pole secured it to hang over pool so it didn't fall in from weight of sock. Put the stabilizer in a sock, tied it off. Cut a slot in sock above knot slid hole in sock over the pole and hung it into my pool. Worked great!!!!!!

24 ft round 52 in deep Evolution CLX 13,000 gal, hayward S180T sand filter & 1 hp Power-flo Matrix single spd, TFP method BBB, taylor K-2006 kit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.