Hayward Super Pump 1.5

How long would you say a pump should last? I replaced my pump 3 years ago and today and when I got home I discovered my pump stopped. I tested the outlet which also now seems not to work but when I plugged the pump into a working outlet it still did not work.

Should I be running my pump 24/7? Could this be why my pumps only seem to last about 3 years?

I have a 20x40 in ground pool.

Thanks!!!!

My first Super Pump motor lasted 6 years and I am on my 4th year for the replacement. It seems very weird that the one outlet is dead and the pump won't run on another outlet. Did you have a recent lightning strike that could have damaged your equipment? What voltage are you running your pump, you mentioned changing outlets? With a pool that large I would think you would be running at 230v. If you update your signature with your equipment the people here in the know will have a better chance of helping you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.