How do I move dropped off 500 pound pool to my backyard

Santa

Jun 2, 2015
Tallahassee
Hi

I would like to know of any ideas on how to move a new pool in box from front yard to back yard.

I saw on the tracking that the pool weighs 509 pounds. They will only drop it off at the curb. It's 200 feet away from where I want to put it.

The pool is a Sharkline Venture. I've never seen the box and I don't know what to expect.

A few people and a moving dolly with ratchet straps like they use to move refrigerators would be one idea.
Another would be if you have a truck that you can pull into your back yard have them load it in your truck and then get some people to help you unload it.

Wow!! I'm getting help! Thank you! I don't know where this thread is posted. I don't know how I found your answers. Obviously I am a newbie here. But, I think I will be hanging around. Thanks again.

Do you know if the pool is on a pallet?

move from truck to truck bed? move from truck to tractor/front end loader? move from truck to gator or forklift?

disassemble box in driveway, carry piece by piece? invite a bunch of unsuspecting friends over for pizza & beer and....surprise!

Anything that heavy should be on a pallet. If it's not hard to get where it's going, a few guys could carry it. You could get a two wheel hand truck(dolly) and a ratchet strap to move it. The tractor idea would work. You could rent an off-road forklift for half a day. A truck would be the most cost effective. Just have them put it in the bed. If they drop it off at the curb, they have a lift gate, so no extra work for them to put it in a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My best guess is that it will come in several boxes all tied down to a pallet. At least that is what I've seen when people here have installed an AG. Can't tell you what brand those two pools were, but that's what I saw.

I have a Sharkline Venture and it was not delivered on a pallet. We had ours put into outr truck from the delivery truck. It is heavy!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We moved a heavy shed (~12x16(?) ) across the yard using some 4" pipes, jacked up the shed, put in the pipes and rolled it, when one pipe would fall out, you put it in the front. It worked way better than I thought it would. 500lbs should be way less than that, but if you have some 2-3" pipes lying around.....

Simply rent the right tool for the job. Call or visit websites of local tool rental shops looking for a multimover dolly. There are several like this available under the scope of material moving

multimover.jpg
A regular appliance dolly with 6 inch rubber wheels will be a struggle over your lawn.

I like the friends over for pizza, beer and SURPRISE! idea! LOl

A dolly will do the trick or maybe a STRONG wheel barrow.

You can rent a LOWES truck for $19.99 for a couple of hours. If you can drive where it needs to go............

When they brought my AG pool here they had a lift on the back and drove it to where it needed to be. They lowered it and put it right where I wanted it. I did give the guy $$ for being so nice.

Kim

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.