StingL anti-vaccum system

waste

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Coastalish 'down easter'
Hi all :wave:

I ran into a new problem today :? A 1+ (?) year old Sting-L control won't send power to the pump to turn it on. The unit has power and gives an 'error 9' result - resetting the unit does not help and there is no power coming out of the unit. We temp wired the pump and the pump was fine.

Does anyone have any info on this??

Thanks 8)

Ted

Haven't run into this myself but the manual says:

System Error E9: Hold "set" for 5 seconds to enter Service Mode. Usually caused by incorrect initialization procedure. Re-initialize and re-calibrate unit. Please set the date and time even if you are operating in continuous mode.

Sounds like you took care of that already...

Here's their manuals if you need 'em:
http://stinglproducts.com/techinfo/techinfo.htm

I've had to replace a few of these because the folks who run the pools decide to put their chemicals in their pump room which causes all kinds of strange problems on the circuit board.

Thanks Tim :-D

As a matter of fact the room is used for chem storage also they have the Eco-Lab system and keep cal hypo (pucks and granular) and ~ 10 gal of muriatic in the same room as the pool and spa pump systems. Odd thing is that the pool Sting-L works fine and is right next to the spa's controller :?

Thanks for the link (I had a copy of the stuff on the van, but someone else rode with my regular partner for 6 weeks and now I can't find it & 1/2 a dozen other things :grrrr: )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.