Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: StingL anti-vaccum system

1. Back To Top    #1

StingL anti-vaccum system

Hi all

I ran into a new problem today A 1+ (?) year old Sting-L control won't send power to the pump to turn it on. The unit has power and gives an 'error 9' result - resetting the unit does not help and there is no power coming out of the unit. We temp wired the pump and the pump was fine.

Does anyone have any info on this??

Thanks 8)

Ted
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: StingL anti-vaccum system

Haven't run into this myself but the manual says:

System Error E9: Hold "set" for 5 seconds to enter Service Mode. Usually caused by incorrect initialization procedure. Re-initialize and re-calibrate unit. Please set the date and time even if you are operating in continuous mode.
    Sounds like you took care of that already...

Here's their manuals if you need 'em:
    http://stinglproducts.com/techinfo/techinfo.htm

I've had to replace a few of these because the folks who run the pools decide to put their chemicals in their pump room which causes all kinds of strange problems on the circuit board.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Tim

As a matter of fact the room is used for chem storage also they have the Eco-Lab system and keep cal hypo (pucks and granular) and ~ 10 gal of muriatic in the same room as the pool and spa pump systems. Odd thing is that the pool Sting-L works fine and is right next to the spa's controller

Thanks for the link (I had a copy of the stuff on the van, but someone else rode with my regular partner for 6 weeks and now I can't find it & 1/2 a dozen other things )
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

No problem!

Let me know how it works out.