I think we need to change oring on filter and have a question.

HILL

May 13, 2015
Spanish Fort, Al
Went and turned on the filter a little bit ago and as I was walking away, I heard air and then water started spewing out of the filter where the clamp is. Called my husband and he said probably the oring and there is no telling when the owners of the house last changed it. I watched a video on how to change it. In the video it said to drain the water in the filter. I know to cut off the water coming into the pump(obvious cut off switch at the pump) but does water come in from the plumbing that goes back to the pool? Can water come back through the jets or no? May be a dumb question but i honestly don't know much about this stuff.

So you are certain there is no additional shut-off valve of perhaps a check-valve on the pressure side (from filter to the return jets)? Nothing in-between?

- - - Updated - - -

May be irrelevant after reading Jason's post. Hopefully "elevation" will work in your favor. :)

The filter is placed some what down hill but it does look higher than the water level. Thank y'all!

The only cut off I see is one that is on the plumbing coming from the solar panels. That is completely turned off though. I'm guess the worst that could happen is, if water did come back in, once if gets below the jets it would stop and I would just have to fill the pool back up.

Before you start (just in case) maybe look around for a rubber plug, cap, or stopper of some sort for each jet. "If" water does start to flow backwards from the jets to the filter, maybe you can stop them up? Just make sure whatever you use doesn't get sucked "into" the jets. Woo, that would not be good. :silent:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.