Issue with jets in steps

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
I noticed today that my right hand jet (facing pool steps from entry point) is spurting air in busts of every few seconds. I have the adjustable jets. When I turned the knob towards the other jet it got worse. I am needing help determining what my problem is. The jets in the actual wall of the pool are not doing the same thing. It is just the one jet. Of course the other jet had air in it when I adjusted it, but it quit soon afterwards. My pressure gauge is normal. Help...

20150602_152016_resized.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Can you see pic?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I can post anymore pics due to storage. The steps has a dial at the top in the middle. This is the jet that is not forming bubbles. The other is constant bubbles now.

Yes, there is a dial. And turning it makes it worse. I can also hear the noise of water going down a drain when I turn it completely one way. You know that sound you can hear from an uncapped pipe as water rushes down the drain. I am also curious as to why it is just now doing bubbles. Up until now I could hear air in that jet, but no bubbles until today

I am pretty sure those are meant to be like therapy jets that suck air in by the passing water in a venturi. The dial on the top should open and close the ability for the air to enter.

If they are not all getting air, then your flow rate might be too low. And if you never got air before, then the flow rate must have been lower to these jets. Can you isolate these so that you control how much water the bench jets get?

I am pretty sure those are meant to be like therapy jets that suck air in by the passing water in a venturi. The dial on the top should open and close the ability for the air to enter.

If they are not all getting air, then your flow rate might be too low. And if you never got air before, then the flow rate must have been lower to these jets. Can you isolate these so that you control how much water the bench jets get?

I have no clue ... Not keen on all that and we didn't install pool to see everything go in. Would pics of my pump and piping help?

- - - Updated - - -

All in all, if I just leave it alone, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Post up pictures of your plumbing ... if you do not understand them, then you should learn what everything does.

All the bubbles will do is aerate and drive the pH up some.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So ... what do the valves do? Right now you have both suction lines open (left valve) {presumably, the floor and skimmer or a cleaner line and skimmer} and both return lines open (right valve) {guessing normal wall returns one way and the bench jets the other way}

Turn the return valve one way or the other and see what changes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.