Rookie in A ball here

Jun 2, 2015
Butler, PA
First thing first. I am reading every word of Pool School.....now my story

Pool Specs

24x52 above ground some name thing that holds water
1hp Maxi pump
Heyward EC40 filter (with bolts) so its old.

So here i am "living the dream" My fiance and I just bought our first house. Much to my Disliking we bought a house with a pool....(happy wife happy life....). we were initially told HEY! the liner is good but a little old. I later find out it was 15 years old, leaked water like shower head. So i embarked on that journey which ended up being pretty easy. now i go to the pool store without doing research (I am a avid post guy on a VW forum) so i should have done my homework before going in. I thought i would get an easy answer and swim. I WAS WRONG I GOT POOLSTORED!!!!!:spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman::spiderman:.

they sold me PRISTINE BLUE!

The chemicals have been in my pool for 5 days now....so not too long at all.

I should have on my door as i type at work a nice test kit so once i get that i will post some test results.

my biggest thing is this....I DO NOT want to refill some water in my pool. DID I change my mind soon enough i can get the Copper out or neutralized out of the water?

HELP......I am a car guy not a pool guy....apparently i am now though.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well the copper is in the water now, just do not add any more. You could try the Cu-lator product which seems to have shown some effectiveness at removing copper from the water.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

welcome to the forum, post some numbers up once you unpack that kit and everyone will let you know where to start

Also, VW CC APR stage 1 260hp :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The number of people post a 0 TA today is crazy.
If true, your pH must be down in the 4s

You need to start using PoolMath and raising your pH until 30 mintues later you get a reading in the 7s. Then recheck the TA as it may need to be adjusted.

Then you will need to add CYA to protect the FC from the sun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.