TV Repair

Feb 10, 2008
Gilbert AZ
What would you do in this situation? I purchased a Samsung HL-T4675S a year ago last June. The set went dead 2 months out of warrenty. It would give the 3 lights flashing code which means that the bulb should be replaced. I ordered the bulb from Samsung ($165.00) and replaced it. Same problem. I called a TV service repair and they came out and checked the bulbs to verify that they were both good, and then called their shop. It has to go in for service and took in in to their shop.
($59.95 service cal) I was told it would take 6-10 working days (est $575-$600). Well it's been 21 days and it still isn't fixed. First I was told they had to order a part and it would take a couple of days to get. It took 2 weeks to get it. They installed the part (DMD board) and it still didn't work so they ordered another part and installed it. It still won't work so they are going to order another part. They have also told me that they would keep me up to date on the progress but they have never called me. It seems like they are just doing the trial and error method. I can do that myself! Should I let them continue to experiment or just pick it up and take it somewhere else?
Thanks
Sorry for the long post.

I had a Samsung go out on me in the last month it was covered. It took me almost 4 months to get it replaced directly from the manufacturer.

I say go get the thing. IF they fix it they'll probably end up trying to bill you for all kinds of wasted time. Give Samsung a call and see who their warranty station in the area is. The guy they sent to my house was great. He had all the parts in hand and was able to send in the replacement call within 15 minutes of getting to my house. It was after that that I had all the problems...

I called Samsung for a list of authorized service centers in my area. They gave me the names of 3 places. I checked out 2 of them on the Internet and they both have more negative reviews than positive. The 3rd one I can't even find. I guess Samsung isn't that great after all.

EDIT: Surprise! They actually returned a phone call to give me an update. Apparently they now put their top technician on it and have another part on order. I'm suppose to get it back Friday. I told him that if I didn't get it back Friday to install the old parts and I would pick it up Saturday and take it someplace with intelligence.

I searched the Internet and found that they have been reported to the BBB twice already, it will be 3 when I get the set back. Unbelievable!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.