2 Green 56J 2 Speed Motor with Timer / SWG Integration Question

I have seen some of these advertized at a really good price but I am not sure it would work out. I have a Hayward SuperPump and am looking at 2 speed options.

Century offers a - 2 Green 56J with built in timer. The timer is inclusive "integrated" on top of the motor. My SWG currently is simultaneously controlled along with my pool pump by a mechanical Intermatic Timer. I don't see where you can safely connect the two together without having the SWG ahead of the motor. You could adjust the timers to co-exist; but considering power outages you could still run the risk of the SWG becoming out of sync and powered on without the pool pump motor running.

Swimming Pool Pump Motors * Spa Pump Pool Motor

Has anyone attempted to pair a SWG with this type of set up? I realize I could purchase the intermatic digital timer and switch to wired dual speed motor along with my SWG. The Century 2 Green option would be less expensive and it also draws less current according to the data sheet.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks,

I think you are better off without an integrated timer and just use the one you have plus another maybe for the low/high speed switching. Another option is to switch between speeds manually if that works for you.

If you decide on separate timers, the correct motor for a 1 HP Superpump without a timer is a STS1072RV1.

Thank you for the feedback. One more question.... I am thinking about removing my working single speed motor and plastic parts assembly and placing it in storage as a spare. I would then build up one of the STS1072RV1's as a complete replacement assembly. Hot swappable by removing the 4 mounting bolts. I think I need the casing spacer, impeller, diffuser, spring seal, and ceramic seal. Does anyone have a Hayward parts list that includes all items in the pump assembly? I hope this makes sense..

Not all those parts together. The impeller is sometimes sold with a seal kit but that is about it. But why would you want to do that? Motors rarely fail when maintained properly.

The local PB's either don't know, tell you only what they want you to know, or are too busy to help you in my area. My wife would tell you I have a phobia about having spare parts / being prepared.... :) I am on my second motor in 10 years so who knows... Maybe I should just buy the seal kit and have it on hand.

I agree, the seal kit would be useful to have on hand since that is the one part that tends to fail the most often.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.