Aqua Logic PS8 reads no cell power

Nov 3, 2008
Any ideas for why this is happening? My husband has taken it apart and and used his volt meter and everything seems fine but continues to read no cell power. The cell is 5 years old.
Thanks to anyone who can help!
Lisa

Check the system fuses. I'm not sure where they're located on the ps8, but check your wiring diagram. There's probably at least one that is accessed from the outside of the box or near where the cell plugs in.

I'd also unplug the cell and plug it back in just to be sure.

Boohicks - welcome to TFP!!

If I can remember, I'll grab my tech manual out of the service van tomorrow - and my test kit (there are some things that shouldn't be left in there over the winter :wink: ) I'll check it and see if there is some more advanced info - if the problem persists, I'll call my direct contact and ask him :thumleft:

I hope all else is well with the pool! I'll be back in a day or 2.

What was the resolution to this? My Aqualogic PS8 is now giving me the "no cell power" and the pool is starting to get greenish. I'm putting bleach in for now, but I'm obviously not getting any chlorine generation. I saw a thread on gardenweb that said this problem is almost always a new main pcb board. Retail is on $600-$800 online. :cry:

Warrantee is 100% for 3 years, and then I pay :x 60% retail cost for between 3-5 years. Mine went out at 3 years, 3 months... go figure...

Robert

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.