New pool is a lot of hard work!

May 29, 2015
Wahpeton, ND
This year we decided to upgrade from our Intex ring pool to a 22x52 ultra frame! Our old one was just sat up on the grass but wanted to make sure we did a proper install for this one. And because of the larger area it will be covering, we had/have an issue with the ground sloping slightly.
We have a Bobcat so thought the groundwork would be a breeze...well mother nature hasn't been cooperating.we have gone from drout to flash flood warnings! So in order to save our lawn everything has been done by hand.
We dug the sod only to find that the ground under was thick hard gunky clay. And the area where the old pool sat was like a brick (tried to till that area and all the blades did was hit the ground and spark)! We did end up having to make one pass through the yard with the bobcat for the area where the old pool was...almost needed a jackhammer. The dirt is so immovable to play with that we ended up 6-8 inches down before getting it somewhat level. So to make up for that we had to have 12 tons of fill sand/gravel brought in. And once again to save the grass, had it dumped in the driveway and used shovels and wheelbarrows to haul it to the back yard. Used a packer to pack it all down and now we finally have level ground (fingers crossed that its still that way once pool is up). We have no need for sand on top of the fill sand/gravel because we have thick industrial rubber belting that will be going on top of that, and then the ground cover between that and the pool (just to make sure it doesn't stick although it shouldn't because it has been cured)its the type of belting used for heavy duty conveyers, ski lifts, farm machinery and stuff like that...super duty with kevlar layer inside.
Here's where I'm getting to a question :) Our original plan was to level pavers for the posts but wondering if that will be necessary? Any thoughts on that?
Well thanks for reading my book :) Wanted to give all info incase I have more questions.
I will try to add some pics of our project so far

I would cut the belt to fit around the pavers. You shouldn't need them but just in case, it's always best to be safe than sorry.

You've certainly done the research and hard work for the ground prep. I just want to tell you that is great! I hope you've ordered a TF100 to go with your new pool. We're here to help you through pool school too. I also know what you're using for the underlayment. I work at a Vulcanizing plant and have rolls of that stuff taller than me laying around. lol

Here are a couple photos of the rubber I will be using. Once we laid it out we realized that was only half the amount we need to cover the entire area so I'm waiting on a friend to get me more hopefully later today :)
attachment.php

attachment.php

I have not ordered a test kit yet but do plan to after I finish up the stuff I have now. With the TF100, how much comes with it? Is it enough for a season? I looked at the site but just briefly.

I can't ever seem to use up all of any of my reagents. And I use it for my pool and hot tub. I guess I need to SLAM more. :) But, I order fresh refills every spring when they go on sale anyway. Just to support the cause and keep it all nice and fresh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.