SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I'll take pics n post them up for all of you. Seems we've gotten a lot of people this year alone asking about replacing liners in their pools and how to do it. So today, I'll give you a pictorial of how to install an above ground over lap liner.

This liner is a 25gauge liner. I believe it's the Caribbean liner with the fish on it. The pool belongs to my beautiful 8 year old niece. It use to be my old pool. So guys, this is for you, for many years to come. Hope you all are enjoying your time here at TFP! :cool:

Pool is done. As soon as my granddaughter falls asleep, I will upload the pics in order.

Start by draining the pool. The only time you ever want to drain your pool is when you are replacing the liner.

Scrape all the sludge (if you have any) to one side of the pool and remove any excess water with a shop vac.

Once complete, you can cut the liner like a pizza and start rolling it up to get rid of it.

You can now start removing the end caps off the post.

Remove the top rails.

Remove the stabilizer bars next to remove the last bit of over lapped liner.

Bring on the liner. It is best to let your new liner soak up some rays to make the liner easier to work with. We did not do this because of our work schedules. We installed on an over cast day in the low 70's. Again, temps higher will work better.

Take your shoes off and unwrap your liner. Position it evenly around the Pool with the seam far away from the return and skimmer cut outs.

Start hanging the liner over the wall, using the plastic coping strips to hold the liner in place. The powder was put on from the manufacturer to keep the liner from sticking together.

Now the fun part... Throw in the hose and start working the wrinkles out of the liner. You want to start in the middle of the pool and work your way out to the walls.

As you work the wrinkles out, you must go back and pull the liner back over the wall to get rid of the slack. Remove one plastic coping strip at a time and 're-apply as you work your way around the pool.

A wrinkle free bottom.

Put your stabilizer bars back on the pool.

Put the top rails back on the pool.

And then the end caps to finish it off.

Continue filling the pool until it reaches the return opening.

What is your wall height? Is the bottom flat or dished out?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.