New from North Dakota

May 29, 2015
Wahpeton, ND
Just want to say how happy I am that I have found this fourm! It has already been so helpful in getting ready for our new pool. Pretty sure I will be coming here often:)

The past couple weeks we have been getting ready to set up our new 22x24 ultra frame. The weather and our rock hard clay ground have not been making it easy. Hoping to have it up and running by this weekend (fingers crossed)!

Wish I would have known about this fourm before making my purchase. I knew I wanted to upgrade to a sand filter (previously had an Intex ring pool with cartridge filter) but was clueless as to what I needed for our new 22x52 ultra frame. The one I went with is in my signature, think this is going to work or should I have gone bigger? Just want to be sure before its out of the box and being used ;). TIA!

Welcome to TFP! That filter will be a ton better than the paper cartridge filter. When it comes to pool filters bigger is always better. Depending on your debris load this one should be ok, unless you have lots of trees like I do. Then you might want to go bigger. Worst case you will just have to backwash more often.