New Build In Ground Vinyl. Ontario Canada Pics

Apr 28, 2015
Ontario
Thank you for the great website! I have learned so much in the short amount of time I have been here.

So this is our first pool build and are feeling a little overwhelmed. We interviewed and got design and pricing from 5 PB. We went with a smaller builder for a few reasons, one time frame and second he made us feel the most comfortable. If I am giving someone multiple thousands of dollars I need to feel comfortable. He was not the cheapest of the 5. That is one thing I was most surprised with was the range of pricing for pretty much the same pool. There was a 35% difference in pricing from lowest to highest.

We have decided on a 16 X 32 In ground Vinyl pool "Gemini" design approx 20K gallon. Our PB uses Hayward equipment:

Hayward Eco-Star VS pump
Hayward 23" Sand filter
250K BTU Heater
Omni-Logic Automation
Dolphin Neptune robot cleaner
Hayward SWG
Hayward Color Logic LED (2)
Stamped concrete decking with cantilever coping

Our Design

F7462FC4-B341-4A98-A78E-7E2611F23E21_zpsvalwo4yl.jpg~original

Day One
055B4A52-EF03-4D72-B101-CF71B61C18CF_zpsao2zz493.jpg~original

The Girls enjoying the equipment sitting in the yard

0F2960B6-3EC7-4A46-8EF2-FAE7F609CD14_zpsjyworlz7.jpg~original

Day two (6/1/15) forms up and steps in, cement poured around base

719A9F11-056A-4DE4-BFCE-FD46961EF09B_zpssbegolre.jpg~original

Welcome to TFP! I'm so glad you're sharing your build with all of us! I'm having a gunite pool built, and it amazes me how quickly the vinyl and fiberglass pools can go up. Well, at least compared to our pool. To be fair, though, we've had an enormous amount of rain this spring in Texas.

I like the shape of your pool, and the layout of everything on your plan looks super - really great use of the backyard space.

The girls certainly look excited! They are darling and quite the camera hams. I think they're ready for modeling school! The taller one looks like she's growing so fast, her legs can hardly keep up. I bet they are busy collecting all their swim things - all the foo-foo girls love! Such fun!

If you ever have questions, this is the greatest place with the greatest experts and newbies, too. Keep us updated and love your pictures! Take care. Suz.

Thanks for the reply Suz. I have been following your pool with interest for awhile now. I cannot believe the rain you have been getting in your area....crazy. I am jealous of your gunite pools, so many design options.

I do have a question. I always see the experts here suggesting a larger filter. For my size pool is a 23" sand filter sufficient for my size pool?

Hi
Love your pool shape. I didn't realize you could do that with vinyl??!! Did shape affect price a lot? We just put up our 15x30 agp. It's our "temporary pool" while we save for a vinyl in ground over the next couple years. I'm going to follow your build for practice :)

I wish I could help you with the sand filter question. I would be hesitant to make a suggestion, since I'm new to all of this. But I have a cartridge type filter, so I know even less about the sand filters. And you're right, 'larger is better' seems to be the standard. Hopefully, someone will give you the answer you need. If not, you can always start a new thread with key words to get the proper attention to your question. Such as, "Sand filter, what size for a vinyl pool?" or something similar.

Thanks for the reply Suz. I have been following your pool with interest for awhile now. I cannot believe the rain you have been getting in your area....crazy. I am jealous of your gunite pools, so many design options.

I do have a question. I always see the experts here suggesting a larger filter. For my size pool is a 23" sand filter sufficient for my size pool?

So the pool is coming along a little slowly. But PB is at the point that on Monday first and second layer of concrete will be poured in pool, rough coat and smooth coat. Landscapers come on Tuesday to start laying rocks and forming gardens. Equipment pad will be poured on Monday as well.

55661665-E55B-4B1F-9398-9EDFAA600FAF_zpsifsg4wrz.jpg~original

40 000+ LBS of rock waiting in front yard

800C0472-0EC3-4ED5-B1CF-9A46F1A3E4C1_zpswu5k39bi.jpg~original

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry for the lack of post. I have been super busy with work....got to for this pool somehow. The pool is almost done. Just waiting on the liner. It has been two plus weeks, two long weeks. The kicker it has been pretty hot here and a dip in the pool would have been really nice. The liner is actually in and ready to be installed tomorrow.....problem is we leave for the cottage for ten days tomorrow. So the PB is going to install next week Thursday while we are away and have it all ready for us when we get home on Sunday. The hot tub is being delivered on the Monday after we get back as well. So if everything goes to plan (not holding my breath) we should be all done and complete by July 28th. Landscaping is complete as well and irrigation system is up and running.

So we are nearing completion and finally enjoying the water. Some up to date pics:

40C45C55-8A44-4C7B-BA04-363557A2ED8F_zpsjvwo4jxg.jpg~original

A5B42E87-E5E0-456C-866D-2D0E677F64C4_zpszugc98cs.jpg~original

4F96D036-00EB-4B46-AF6D-F4C811453040_zpssvfrofwt.jpg~original

The equipment and Omni Logic that I am excited to play with

ED686DB0-FA2C-4BEB-925E-51FEB94D6009_zpsaskwol4i.jpg~original

Positively beautiful! Oh my goodness, I love it!

But I will say - totally unfair! You have everything ready BEFORE the water in the pool. Someone isn't playing by the rules.... I haven't seen enough suffering over months of an obliterated yard, and seeing your beautiful pool still surrounded by non-existent landscaping! I cry Foul!

This will be one vacation where you guys will be unusually excited to get back home!

Don't forget our pictures when you get back. You can unpack AFTER posting pictures!

Have a great time!
Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.