Hayward Salt generator question!!

Jun 1, 2015
toronto
Hi Everyone- I just moved into a house with a salt water pool. I started up my pool and Hayward Salt generator and let it run overnight. Came back in the morning and check salt and check cell light were on ( no flashing). took out the cell washed it and let it soak in muriatic acid for a couple mins. Plugged it back in and tried to reset it to no avail. I called Hayward and was told to check Amp and voltage which were both operational meaning the cell should be ok. Long story short the hayward rep said if salt is below 2000 the generator might turn the two salt and cell lights on. I put in another 8-9 bags of salt and went back to the controller. Turned the switch from off to auto and clicked diagnostics five times, got a salt reading and turned the switch from auto to super chlorination and back to auto. That seemed to have done the trick and the system is supposdely generating salt now. So the reason for me rambling on is that I want to see if anyone knows if there is a way to tell if the salt generator is really generating or by me recalabrating the system I somehow reset the salt cell but maybe there is no regeneration going on??? I also tested the water with a strip and got a close number versus what was shown on the system (maybe a 500-800 ppm difference than on control screen versus water test). Anyhelp would greatly be appreciated.

Hello. Salt strips are +/- 400 that's normal. It's in the ball park. If possible take a sample of the water directly after the SWCG but before it mixes with the pool. Compare the undiluted water with the diluted water. That's one way of checking the output.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.