Overflow?

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
This maybe a stupid question for someone who has had a pool for 10 years but what do most people do when it rains so much your inground pool overflows? I drain water to waste but do some pools have a passive way of doing that?

Like some kind of overflow drain that does it automatically?

Some pools are plumbed with an overflow pipe above the waterline. When the water gets to high it flows into the overflow pipe and is directed away from the pool. I don't know if that is something you could retro fit.

Yup. Exactly.
Exactly like Zea says. Its a pipe in the side of the pool that drains water out of it to ...wherever.
Some have valves on them, some don't.
Some are connected to sewer, others out to maybe the edge of the yard or in the pasture if you live in the country.
Its one of those optional things that any decent PB should either offer as an option or even include it as a basic item for any pool.

Like some kind of overflow drain that does it automatically?

you know I wonder now. The basket in the skimmer is at an angle so there is a 1/4" gap there. I thought it was them just screw up setting the connection between the pool n basket. I put some epoxy to fill the gap. Could that be the overflow or just a F- up on their part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.