What to adjust next?

May 7, 2013
I opened my pool about a week ago and measured the following (with the TF-100)
FC = 0
pH = 6.8
TA = 40
CH = 120
CYA = <20
Salt = 2000

First, I shocked the pool with bleach and added salt. A couple days later I passed the OCLT and have been letting the chlorine drop. On Friday night I added ~6lbs of CYA. As of tonight, my measurements are,
FC = 8
pH = 7.2-7.3
TA = 50
CH = 120
CYA = 50
Salt = 3000

I'd like the CYA a little higher, but I want to wait a little longer to make sure everything I added is dissolved. What else should I be adjusting? And in what order should I do it? Can I do anything in parallel? (The water looks great). Thanks, this forum has been a huge help!

Most adjustments can be made within 30 minutes of each other ... although there is not really anything I would adjust at this point.

The TA is a little low, but that may help stabilize the pH when the SWG is running.

And yes the CYA and salt could go up a bit.

You have ample FC for your CYA level, the pH is good, and it's sparkling clear. I'd savor the moment and go swimming, myself :splash:

Raising the CYA is no big deal. just fill a sock and drop it in the skimmer. Just be sure to allow for the higher CYA when you set your minimum FC level. If the pH holds steady, leave the TA alone.

Thanks for the advice. I'll add the remaining 2 lbs of CYA that I have and continue to let the FC fall to ~4.

The CYA I've used says to mix it in a bucket of water and dump it down the skimmer. I like the sock idea better. How long should I let the pump run after adding CYA? (Last time I ran for 72 hrs)

Thanks for the advice. I'll add the remaining 2 lbs of CYA that I have and continue to let the FC fall to ~4.

The CYA I've used says to mix it in a bucket of water and dump it down the skimmer. I like the sock idea better. How long should I let the pump run after adding CYA? (Last time I ran for 72 hrs)
I'd just pull it and let it rest in a bucket when the pump isn't on or tie it off on something that floats. Somewhere we also have a picture with someone using a pool noodle.
attachment.php

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.