Owner Builder North Texas

DFWguy

LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2015
keller
Attached are our initial plans. Dropped off at utility company today to get the dig test complete then off to city for permitting. Please chime in with thoughts and questions!

- Approximately 17K gallons
- 4'-6'
- Chlorine
- 3 3' sheer descents on back raised wall
- 3 bubblers on tanning ledge
- plaster - unsure at this point
- pentail equipment
- Robot cleaner
- 2 LED lights
- 2 skimmers
- decking - travertine

- - - Updated - - -

If there is a better way to attach this attachment please chime in

Attachments

• SK-1 - Overlook Ridge Drainage Plan FINAL SEALED.pdf
    191.4 KB · Views: 350
Welcome!

Take and share a pic of your yard where the pool will be going so we can picture it.

Do your plans talk about the size of the filter at all? Of course the bigger the better with that!

I love the last thing on your list! That is a must have!

Kim

Cool design to maximize your space. We have 3 benches in our pool and 4 would be better. Good for kids to play/rest on and good for adults to sit and sip. Maybe one on each end and one in the middle zig. I am a big fan of my 3hp VS pump, it has done everything I've ever needed, waterfall, filter, skimmer, drain, solar. We like our rocksalt color hardener concrete deck. It is zero maintenance and great after 3 years. We like our pebble finish, but quartz seems like a good upgrade option between plaster and pebble. Lots of happy quartz and pebble owners here. Pics in build thread in sig.

Cool design to maximize your space. We have 3 benches in our pool and 4 would be better. Good for kids to play/rest on and good for adults to sit and sip. Maybe one on each end and one in the middle zig. I am a big fan of my 3hp VS pump, it has done everything I've ever needed, waterfall, filter, skimmer, drain, solar. We like our rocksalt color hardener concrete deck. It is zero maintenance and great after 3 years. We like our pebble finish, but quartz seems like a good upgrade option between plaster and pebble. Lots of happy quartz and pebble owners here. Pics in build thread in sig.

Good to hear about the 3hp vs pump. I am/was concerned that would be overkill. Which specific Pentair do you have?

Welcome to TFP. Looks like I live 1.4 miles north of you (as the crow flies).

I saw a post on here yesterday where someone had 3 scuppers that had different heights above the pool surface and was getting low flow from the highest one, and had no valve to adjust the flow between the scuppers. Not sure if that's a consideration for you.

Is the orange paint pool or pool and deck? I like how it uses every inch of your back yard!

Please check on your "rules" on having the windows so close to the pool. Some places require special windows. Just a heads up in case that is your case.

I like it being right there. You can look out and watch your lab swim! LOL

Get lots of doggy towels!

Kim

Welcome to TFP. Looks like I live 1.4 miles north of you (as the crow flies).

I saw a post on here yesterday where someone had 3 scuppers that had different heights above the pool surface and was getting low flow from the highest one, and had no valve to adjust the flow between the scuppers. Not sure if that's a consideration for you.

Small world! Thanks for the tip about scuppers - I will be sure to address with my designer.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the orange paint pool or pool and deck? I like how it uses every inch of your back yard!

Please check on your "rules" on having the windows so close to the pool. Some places require special windows. Just a heads up in case that is your case.

I like it being right there. You can look out and watch your lab swim! LOL

Get lots of doggy towels!

Kim

The orange is the pool - not deck. I too prefer to make the most of backyard rather than a free form with our lot. Thanks for the input!

Good to hear about the 3hp vs pump. I am/was concerned that would be overkill. Which specific Pentair do you have?

It is definitely overkill. Pump goes up to 3450 rpm and I never run it above 2500, usually 1950 rpm or less. But, the smaller pump wasn't enough cheaper when I built my pool. They have the superflo now which might be enough cheaper and a good alternative.

Pentair SuperFlo VS Pump 342001 | Pentair 342001

Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump 011018 | Pentair 011018 | Sunplay.com[/QUOTE]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.