algae on the pool floor.

Welcome to TFP!

There is a solution to this problem, but first...

Chlorine and ph level ok
Stating that chlorine and pH are "OK" is not enough to go on. Practicing the TFP method begins with quantifiable numbers from test results. What are you using to test with and can you post any numbers?

Welcome! :wave:

Chlorine and ph level ok but I have to vacuum algae out every single day! It's driving me insane! how can I get rid of this problem?
Kill it.

What the pool store or the bottle of test strips says is "Okay" for Chlorine might not be. In fact, if you have algae, it's not. There is no absolutely right chlorine level. It's the ratio of chlorine to stabilizer. Shorthand here is FC/CYA ratio. If you've been chlorinating with pucks or powders, it's probably that your stabilizer level is too high, which keeps the chlorine from killing the algae before it can reproduce.

Just accept that you'll have to invest in a proper test kit. It's a onetime expense, plus annual refills which are cheaper. Then accept that the pool store doesn't make money giving you good advice, they make their money selling you chemicals. Then immerse yourself in pool school until you feel like this :dizzy:

ABCs, Recommended Chemicals, Defeating Algae are all good places to start.

When it seems to overwhelming, go look at some interesting pictures. You'll find some in Inspirational Threads. Start at the last page and work backwards if you want to see more recent ones. While your pool isn't a swamp yet, it will be soon if you don;t take control.

Richard320 said:
There is no absolutely right chlorine level. It's the ratio of chlorine to stabilizer. Shorthand here is FC/CYA ratio.
Repeating for emphasis. This is the first concept I would focus on learning. Understanding it will prevent your pool from getting algae or other forms of organic contamination. See [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Also recommend getting one of the Recommended Test Kits. I use the TF-100 because it's the best value and they have a freshness guarantee. You can order it here: TFTestkits.net. The kit ships from NC and they ship fast. Being in AL, you should have it in your hands in 1-2 days with normal shipping. It contains all the testing materials that you will need to test for, including the all-important FAS-DPD chlorine test which is the ticket to entry for practicing our methods and ridding your pool of algae.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.