Air in filter

brysclar

May 11, 2015
Tampa, FL
Hey everybody,

New here, just moved into a house with a 20+ year old fiberglass pool. I've never taken care of a pool before, but I'm figuring it out (obsessing). On to my question...

I just replaced the cartridge in my filter. The old one was welllll beyond its life. Now, I can see tiny little bubbles in the skimmer and it seems like the filter is constantly filling with air. I have to purge it regularly. I have an inline chlorinator that definitely has a very small leak I have to deal with, but I don't know if that could be connected to the air issue.

Like I said, I'm brand new to the pool game. I don't have all the lingo down yet, but if you have a question about my setup I'm sure I can answer it.

THANKS!

Thanks, jblizzle. I just took my hose and poured water on the joint right at the front of the basket, and the bubbles stopped. So I'm guessing that's my ground zero. I'll see if sealing that up stops it or if it's somewhere else. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.