backfilling around intex pool

May 27, 2015
Lakeland, GA
I am about to be setting up my Intex style pool and had to dig about 6-8 inches on one side to get the ground level. I made my circle about a foot wider than the pool all the way around and wondered what I should do about the gap left on the side I had to dig out. I don't want it to fill with water or wash away the sand under pool. Should I backfill with sand or with dirt or with anything at all? I have gained a bunch of useful information here and thank everybody for the help.

Here's a few pics of what I did with our 15x48" three years ago:

You can see there is a small "story hole" (a spot to check for leaks) that the dirt is up the side of the pool quite a bit.

this was while I was still working on the backfill. I was using a sump pump to drain the rainwater from the area I hadn't backfilled yet.

This is what it was like the first year we had it set up.

I've no had any problems with ours being buried about 2'. No we don't take it down during the off season.

Feel free to browse through the album!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.