Help finding a replacement pump

May 26, 2015
Las Vegas NV
Want to replace my Hayward RS2000 pump, with a variable speed. Where do I start with researching things? Flow rates, HP.

Anyone have any suggestions? New to the whole pool ownership thing, and Thank! everyone for their knowledge.

This site has been a great help!

Thanks,

Thad

That Superflo might be a little weak for the spa / water feature in this case.

You either need to look at the larger VS pumps, or just look for a comparable 2-speed to what you have, even just putting a 2-speed motor on your existing pump.

Welcome! :wave:

First, I must say I was expecting to see somewhere in Michigan listed as your location when i saw the screen name. Are you a transplant?

I'd work backwards from your existing pump. Find the frame size of your motor and then hunt for a 2 hp variable speed the same size. It'll be a straight bolt in, no plumbing required. Don't ask me what to do about rewiring things - you've exhausted my store of knowledge about VS pumps.

My smaller pump with a 1HP motor runs a large solar panel array.

Your bigger pump (it is the Leslie's equivalent (Hayward RS are only sold by them) of a Super II I think) with a 2HP motor will be more than enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.