Baquacil to Chlorine Conversion - Questions

Thanks, Jeff.

I foresee the screw right above my plumbing connection giving me the most trouble if I keep the tank connected. The problem with Kim's method is that I don't know if the black cap comes off the tank. I haven't been able to do it in 7+ years. My dad and I used both a large monkey wrench and a belt wrench. I'm honestly not sure it's supposed to unscrew. I have the question out to others in a different thread. We'll see what they say as well.

Good suggestions for replacing the sand. And great job Jeff! Hopefully I'll be at that stage soon. Unfortunately there isn't a valve on the return (and I have an above ground) so I'll have to find a way to plug it before trying to replace the sand. They did put a valve on the skimmer so I can shut that side off.

Time to put a valve on it as soon as you can. It makes life so much easier. You can put a potato in it to act as a plug. They do sell "real" plugs if you have a pool store around. If not yeah a potato will work. Of course I would LOVE to see a pic of it! You might need to shave it down some to fit in the hole!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.