Above Ground Pool Capacity question

cvgnus

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2015
Massapequa, NY
Hello All,

I need some help determining the true capacity of my pool. I have a Sharkline Navigator 54 12ft by 17ft x 54in oval above ground pool. My pool dealer tells me the capacity is approximately 7000 gal when the water is raised to 50 inches (I dont really trust this number). I have seen other dealer websites list it as 6400 gal. When I use online calculators for oval pool or use the length x width x height x 5.9 method I get about 5000 gal. I have called and emailed the manufacturer and am awaiting a response ( I am not holding my breath). In the meantime would anyone know the true capacity of this pool?

Thank you

Tim and jbizzle,

Thanks for the warm welcome and super quick response. This community is a great resource.

I think I will split 6400 and 5400 as a starting point for the chem calcs as that seems reasonable and adjust from there. Maybe the manufacturer will get back to me :)

Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.