Caulking between fiberglass pool edge and concrete deck?

Mar 29, 2015
Indiana
Our fiberglass pool has the exposed fiberglass lip, there is not any coping on top of the pool. The concrete deck butts up level against the edge of fiberglass lip. In most places the concrete is tight up against the fiberglass, but some areas have shifted over its' 13 year life. In those places there is a gap anywhere up to 1/2" between the two. Should I backer rod and caulk these areas or just leave it be? Can anyone with a similar style advise if there is caulking around the edge of their pool?

Thanks!

:snorkle:

Below is a TFP thread from a few years ago. While they appear to be speaking about concrete pools, the materials used to seal the gap may still apply to fiberglass. I'll keep looking.

Gap between concrete and pool border

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another link related to fiberglass specifically:

What type of caulk to use

If you look closely on our (My pool) link below, we had flagstone laid all around as decking, then they smoothed-in the grout along the water-line edge. Looks nice, but there are one or two spots where there is a very small gap between the lip of the pool and the grout as things settled over time. Not too worried about it right now, but may be an issue in the coming years. Good to read-up on this stuff now and learn from so many others who have been though a lot of this already.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.