Help keeping larger spa clean

TCL

May 29, 2015
Franklin,tn
Split from HERE by moderator. jblizzle

We have a similar problem.. We have a large spa 12 ft by 8 ft. (fiberglass) that has a skimmer that has become nonfunctional. We would like to have a full time vacuum or skimmer that will keep the water clean as we use it as our inground pool. We looked at the Pool Blaster and I know it will work but the Solar Breeze seemed like it would be even better. Unfortunately, not available from the company and not certain if it ever will. This spa is the center of a very nice outdoor living areas and has multiple fountains, lights etc. Any ideas of skimmers or smaller robotics that would do the stairs, walls, and benches as well as the tiles? I suspect that it would have to be a robotic such as a dolphin that was a bit smaller but still very strong and able to take care of business.

Split from HERE by moderator. jblizzle

We have a similar problem.. We have a large spa 12 ft by 8 ft. (fiberglass) that has a skimmer that has become nonfunctional. We would like to have a full time vacuum or skimmer that will keep the water clean as we use it as our inground pool. We looked at the Pool Blaster and I know it will work but the Solar Breeze seemed like it would be even better. Unfortunately, not available from the company and not certain if it ever will. This spa is the center of a very nice outdoor living areas and has multiple fountains, lights etc. Any ideas of skimmers or smaller robotics that would do the stairs, walls, and benches as well as the tiles? I suspect that it would have to be a robotic such as a dolphin that was a bit smaller but still very strong and able to take care of business.

Why does the skimmer not work? The spa must be really dirty with a nasty surface skim line. And, where is the suction at? Main drain or side suction fitting?

The skimmer does not work due to a leak in the line which is according to the leak detector adjacent to the spa and under the concrete and brick.. He said it might be multiple holes in a flexible pipe. We had hoped not to dig up the hardscape in an attempt to fix the line. Wonder if it is possible to snake a new line through the old line. There are two suctions in the side walls towards the bottom of the spa. Yes, no skimmer means side skim and junk at the bottom especially with the weather we have had and overzealous landscapers who like to blow mulch around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.