Help with Cleaner

Dec 25, 2014
Houston, Texas
Hi Everyone,

When we bought our house, it came with a pool cleaner that looks like a jeep and has an attached bag that captures the dirt, leaves, etc. I believe it is made by Pentair. While it does capture some debris, it never seems to get the bottom of the pool completely clean, so we started looking at a potential replacement.

The current setup is that the cleaner is on it's own timer and has its own pump. I guess it's a pressure fed system, because the cleaner is hooked to a long tube that connects to one of the ports in the pool itself. Obviously I'm a rookie at this because I can't explain exactly how the thing works. The big advantage that we see is that we never have to remove the cleaner from the pool except to empty the debris bag. The major disadvantage is that it doesn't seem to clean that well.

So my question is really what cleaner would you recommend with that current setup (i.e. leaving it in the pool on it's own timer and pump system)? Is the current setup optimal or is it better to get the cleaners that you have to haul in and out of the pool every time you want to use it?

Thank you.

We inherited a Dirt Devil pool cleaner when we bought the house. It works great and runs for 3 1/2 hours/cycle. Once it completes a cycle we just turn it off, wait ten seconds and turn it back on. So far it has been bullet proof running every day for the last month. Dirt Devil Aqua was bought out by another company, at least the pool cleaner side. Nothing fancy but it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.