Jandy Aquapure issues

eemueller

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2013
SE Michigan
I've got a 7 year old Jandy Aquapure 1400 on my pool, and Jandy Aquapure 700 on the spa. At opening this year, I cleaned the sensor on the 1400, and replaced the unit and sensor on the 700. I'm getting 172/181 codes from the 1400 (2 year old sensor), and 172/180 from the 700 (new sensor). One thing I did notice on the 1400 sensor was that the face of the unit (with the 3 silver buttons showing) seemed to have "melted". The plastic was soft enough for me to sink my thumbnail into it. I scraped this stuff off with a screwdriver, being careful not to damage the 3 silver buttons.

This evening, I did the front board test, and here's what I got:

1400 - sal/r-temp/"C" 5.9, sal/r-temp/"D" 72 deg, h-temp/"C"/arrow down bounces between 81 & 86 deg

700 - sal/r-temp/"C" 6.4, sal/r-temp/"D" 83 deg, h-temp/"C"/arrow down bounces between 91 deg

The small board that comes with the new sensors has a green light that blinks on the 1400 and is on steadily on the 700.

I'm guessing I need to replace a couple of boards, but before I shell out the $$$, I'd love to hear any other ideas. Depending on the codes, do these units continue to operate when the service light is on? Thanks, in advance.

Eric

Those numbers indicate that the boards need to be replaced and I would also replace the 1400 sensor. I'm not sure about the cells if they also need to be replaced. If you know of anyone near you that has an Aquapure see if you can install your cells on their system to see if they work.

Make sure the pool is chlorinated and use bleach if it is not getting enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.