K-2005 Kit Upgrade?

Tagard

Apr 3, 2015
Katy, TX
I'm new to the TFP method and very happy I switched! I found this because my chlorine shocks weren't working which led to me discovering CYA levels which I didn't even know to test before. I believe I have the K-2005 kit (it came from Leslies but is Taylor) and it appears to have everything except the CYA test reagents and glass with the dot. Is this correct? I haven't found anywhere to buy just a CYA tester but thought if that is the only difference at least I can get use out of the K-2005 reagents and not waste so much of it.

Assuming I'm correct and will have to buy another entire kit, it appears that the TF-100 is the best buy with more chemicals than the K-2006 and the recommended Leslie's kit has a pretty hefty profit added on to it for the same thing. Am I missing anything or is the TF-100 the way to go?

Thanks!

You probably have k-1000 kit as k-2005 kit does include CYA reagents and test tube with a dot (doubled as OTO chlorine test tube).
I've upgraded from k-2005 to k-2006 as I'd rather have smaller sizes and restock as needed on fresh chemicals, then have some sitting around for too long, since some tests you only do once a week or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.