Cloudy water after 4 days of filtering.

Thehobe

Sep 22, 2014
Los Altos, CA
I also have a cloudy pool because I have been using Calcium Hypochlorite to chlorinate the pool due to high CYA levels already present. My sand filter does not do a good or quick job of filtering out the calcium component. I have gone over to liquid chlorine exclusively for the last two weeks and my pool is getting clearer, slowly. My sand filter starts with a reading of about 25 and rises to about 30 before backwashing. I am in the California water shortage so I cannot replace the water to reduce CYA. Also, I only run my filter for a few hours a day so it takes time to clear the cloud.

Moderator comment: This post was separated out from this thread: Cloudy water after 4 days of filtering.

Good move on going to liquid bleach for chlorine.

It will take time to filter out the calcium from the cal-hypo. Same thing happened to me when I used Cal-Hypo for "shocking" before I learned about TFP. It will eventually clear. If you want it to clear faster, increase the pump run time a couple of hours a day until it does clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.