E-mail on private messages got turned off???

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
Something turned off e-mail notifications when I get private messages, and I had to go in and manually turn it back on.

This is the third user setting that has been changed out from under me, which is getting kind of annoying.

The setting for receiving Emails when you received a new Private Message was turned off just after the switch to a new server in an attempt to improve our email system. In the past many of our some of our emails were marked as "Spam" causing members issues finding TFP's emails. After the switch to a new server this issue was addressed by first greatly reducing the amount of emails TFP sends from it's site. We have switched all email settings to "Off" for members to help avoid sending emails whom are no longer active on the forum. This has greatly reduced the amount of Emails sent by almost half. So far, the end result has been promising with several signs pointing towards members receiving their emails in their Inbox folders rather than in a Spam folder.

Any member can still revert their settings back to receiving Emails from TFP if they wish by following these few steps,
This first one turns on emails for Subscribed Threads,

• Settings > General Settings > Default Thread Subscription Mode > Instantly, Using Email

This turns on Emails for received PM's
  • Settings > General Settings > Email Notification of New Private Messages > Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages

I think this is something Red changed when he was here. What other settings were changed?

Mine was Auto Subscribing to answered threads...no big deal, I just changed it back. Thank goodness we changed the email settings from what they were. I wondered why, of all forums I went to, this was the only one where I got all my email in the junk folder.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.