Pool Blaster Max

graler

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2014
Cedar Park, TX
I finally pulled the trigger on the pool blaster max. I have been looking for something that I could easily stick in the pool and suck up that nuisance stuff on the bottom with out going through the hose dance. It arrived today. I gave it several hours to charge. I turned it on an stuck it in the pool and got rid of that little bit of crud. I am very impressed. At this moment in time I am thrilled with this purchase. I considered a robot but then looking at the minimal amount of stuff to clean it looked like more of spot clean job and not a full pool sweep.

We just purchased a Pool Blaster Eclipse today. We have seen some positive reviews, so figured it was worth a shot. We had removed almost all of the heavier debris from the pool bottom with our regular vacuum over the past couple evenings (but have quickly tired of fighting with hoses and having to replace all the water we lost in the process of course). Most of what remains, now, is fine silt and sand, that has settled onto the bottom of our crystal clear pool. We wanted something that would suffice for such a (small) job. We have it plugged in for its initial charge, so fingers crossed when we fire it up in the morning that it performs as well as we hope :)

I purchased a pool blaster as well and LOVE IT. It's so much easier than the pool vacuum. I have a well, so when vacuuming, even if not to waste, it creates the need to backwash the filter and I end up losing too much water. I also have an aquabot... but he always manages to tangle himself up and flip over.

- - - Updated - - -

Next comes the OCD phase, where you put on goggles and swim around with it seeking stray bits.

I think I might be entering this phase :(

I finally pulled the trigger on the pool blaster max. I have been looking for something that I could easily stick in the pool and suck up that nuisance stuff on the bottom with out going through the hose dance. It arrived today. I gave it several hours to charge. I turned it on an stuck it in the pool and got rid of that little bit of crud. I am very impressed. At this moment in time I am thrilled with this purchase. I considered a robot but then looking at the minimal amount of stuff to clean it looked like more of spot clean job and not a full pool sweep.

Just got one last friday...VERY pleased. Works great without hauling out the equipment/hoses etc...

Exactly why I got it. And neighbors annoying tree keeps dropping little bits that fall to the bottom that begin to accumulate on the floor every few days.

I was cautious at first with some of the negative reviews on amazon, but they all kinda sounded like maybe the folks complaining
didn't follow the explicit instructions about sealing the battery compartment (keeping o-rings lubed) and proper charging time
of no more than 4 hours at a time.

I would guess the charger light after it goes from red to green means its fully charged...yes?

Cool design...looks like a mini pool pump.

I will try diving down with it to hand vac the deep end next summer!

I see this thread is not quite two years old. We purchased our first Pool Blaster Max some years ago, used it twice and got hooked on the simplicity. But the light on the charger never changed from red to green. So I just unplugged it after four hours, used it the next time (each cleaning took about 30 minutes) and the battery ran down just before I finished. Tried to charge it again that evening and again, the light never changed. It also never worked again! I was never able to get it to charge again and it costs more the send it in for repair than to just buy a new one (almost). So we returned to our Aquabot Turbo until it got too heavy for me to deal with anymore. The next summer, we bought ANOTHER PBM and had the same problem. We took it to Interstate Batteries and had them see if they could charge it. They removed the battery pack and gave it a full charge. It lasted for two 30-minute cleanings and again, same problem - I was not able to charge it. We had them build a custom battery pack, they returned it fully charged and again, two 30-minute cleanings. Returned it to Interstate, who, again, removed the custom-made battery pack and fully charged it again. By now, we have gone through a few summers since the first Pool Blaster Max. I ordered another wall charger, and again, the red light never changed to green - so I did what I always do, set a timer and babysit it. (And yes, Interstate tested the wall charger before they did anything with the cleaner and it showed to be fine) So we gave up on it and kept using the Aquabot, though hubby would have to remove it from the pool for me. I'm very tired of the rigorous routine with the Aquabot, though I absolutely love the little guy's excellent quality and performance. I just can't handle the weight of it. Summer is approaching again in Texas and we hope to avoid anymore grapefruit-sized hail, like last summer (4-11-2016), got a near completely new pool out of the hail storm and WOULD REALLY, REALLY LIKE TO HAVE AN EASY SUMMER, with an easy method for pool cleaning.

All you guys who have purchased the Max, now that it's been nearly two years, have you had any charging problems? It's been about four years or so since our last Max purchase and I am leery of adding another useless cleaner to our collection this year!

I have had the PB Max for about 4 years now. I haven't had any issues charging it, or any other problems that some people have had. It really is super convenient for a smaller pool. It obviously does not clean as well as using the regular vacuum, but its great for those in between cleanings. I use two filter socks with the filter net to catch more of the smaller debris that might not get caught by just the filter net alone. At this point, I feel it was worth the money for what I use it for, and would buy another one. But, maybe I just got lucky not to have any issues....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Never had a problem charging on mine...I did make a mistake though and after using it the last time, let it sit for 2 days without taking it apart
and cleaning it out....moisture got into it and it was dead. They did replace it though (was within the 1 year warranty) and the
new one charges the same as old, light goes green when it's fully charged. I've never used it more than about 20 minutes though.

Lesson learned: ALWAYS take it apart, clean it, let it dry out then charge it after each use.

It was fun diving into the deep end and vacuuming by hand...did that a few times last season.

My old one just died and I just got a new one in. No more screwing in the attached plug to turn it on and seal it. Has some kinda rubbery/plastic red seal now and uses a different charger. Hopefully this one will last longer than my usual 2 years. But I use it almost every day. Only break out the Rover Jr. on special occassions. Well worth 2 years use for 150 bucks to me. It's just too easy.

My old one just died and I just got a new one in. No more screwing in the attached plug to turn it on and seal it. Has some kinda rubbery/plastic red seal now and uses a different charger. Hopefully this one will last longer than my usual 2 years. But I use it almost every day. Only break out the Rover Jr. on special occassions. Well worth 2 years use for 150 bucks to me. It's just too easy.

Which one did you get, the new lithium model?

Say Pool Blaster Max LI on it so I reckon so!.. didn't even know there was one. Ordered first cheapest one I saw that popped up on Evil Bay.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on this now that my pool has a patch on the floor and I don't want to risk running my dolpin robot over the patch when cleaning. How is it holding up so far and do you notice any difference with charging this new model?

Thinking about pulling the trigger on this now that my pool has a patch on the floor and I don't want to risk running my dolpin robot over the patch when cleaning. How is it holding up so far and do you notice any difference with charging this new model?

I have patches and I have never had a problem with my Dolphin pulling them off.

I still LOVE my PB! I am always particular about lubing the power thingy and last year I wasn't so particular. My battery got fried. I called them and they took care of it for me. It took about a week turnaround time. My light turns green when it is finished charging as well. I also charge mine about once a month in the off season.

My Pool Blaster iVac M3 is in its 5th season and still going strong. I typically use it for a 1/2 hour spot cleaning of the pool between my Dolphin cleanings. As others have said, it is important to keep the battery dry by inspecting and lubing the plug.
WhIle charging, I know after about a 1/2 hour of use, it will take a charge for about an hour or so until the light turns from red to green. I unplug the charger as soon as possible once that happens.
During the winter, once a month I give the battery a full charge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.