To all my Texas friends

martinkennedy

Platinum Supporter
Sep 8, 2013
Anyone living in Texas realizes we have had a lot of rain. How much rain? I was watching golf this afternoon (while swimming) and they said that the state of Texas "had 31 trillion gallons of rain in the month of May".
YES,TRILLIONS!!! My wife also told me that she read somewhere that there was so much rain that it would cover the state of Texas with 8" of water. Glad my pool was built last year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now if only California can get some.
We definitely would have shared.

Their drought will eventually end - likely the same way ours did with epic rainfall. When is the only question.

No wonder I keep having to add CYA...
Me too! On the plus side, May's rainfall lowered CH levels by about 80 ppm putting me on the lower end of the recommended range which gives me some breathing room for the inevitable upward creep that occurs whenever I resume topping off the pool with municipal water.

Someone from Cali correct me but I think I remember the statistic that if you poured out the contents of Lake Tahoe into the state of Texas, it would fill the state (assuming a perfectly flat and level area) up to 6" of water. So it sounds like you could do some friends out West a favor a ship a little of that freshly made Texas rainwater over to Cali....or at least send it to the TFP'ers there with high CYA so they can drain and refill their pools.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.