Spa spill over question

We have both. Two 24" sheers and stack stone spill way which is only about 8" tall. The sheers can be controlled by a valve since we opted for only one pump, they run only when pool/filter circulation is going. The variable speed pump can be adjusted too to achieve the desired water flow.

Why don't you consider building your own pool?

I do not have the skill set or contact lists in the trades like you. I saw you build, wow. Very nice. We met with one PB on Friday, waiting on a bid and design. If we can't get what we want within budget, I may have to look closer at OB.

Trying to see if the saving/nightmare ratio works better OB vs PB.

- - - Updated - - -

We have both. Two 24" sheers and stack stone spill way which is only about 8" tall. The sheers can be controlled by a valve since we opted for only one pump, they run only when pool/filter circulation is going. The variable speed pump can be adjusted too to achieve the desired water flow.

Thanks, either type will be 24-36" tall. I am thinking a pentair VS pump and a booster pump in the design.

Thanks so much!! My wife keeps pushing OB as I did this with our house remodel, I played GC, I went well but that was complete kitchen remodel, flooring, drywall, nail-on windows, stucco, electrical, plumbing, etc.

I like the control aspect as I am pretty OCD about how I want it and around my schedule.

I am going to be getting a soils report as the is a slope at the back of my property. We will see from there. All this down time is allowing me to focus on design and other critical issues.

Any more photos of your finished pool? My wife thought it looked like a resort pool!

If you can handle a remodel, then you can definitely handle a pool. I think people make them out to be far more complicated than they truly are. Given the OCD aspect you mentioned, I would not suggest otherwise.

Hold off on the soils report, it is more than likely not needed...I'm going to be in Santa Fe Springs from 6/15-19 which isn't too far from you and I'd be willing to take a look.

IMG_20150531_161317_208.jpg

IMG_20150531_161334_771.jpg

IMG_20150531_161352_104.jpg

IMG_20150531_161431_416.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150531_161334_771.jpg
    IMG_20150531_161334_771.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 67
Looks awesome!!! Sure, if you will be out here let me know would love your thought on this. I will PM my phone number.

I guess you are right, once you have quality subs, I think you are set. most of the big builders are not 100% in-house. Most just do the pool. I think I scare most off, my wife and I are in the insurance industry, my company is 100% in the construction industry, WC & CGL, commercial lines. I start asking a ton of questions about insurance, bond beam construction, rebar size, spacing, and grade, I get some crazy looks, lol.

I have no doubt you will scare most off. I've never had anyone ask to see WC, insurance or even a license...all they care about is the $$$$$. You have to live with the pool once they leave. I think few take that into consideration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.