Metal Corrosion Index

Aug 19, 2014
Shallotte, NC
OK, I started a new thread because I wanted to distance this discussion from the current thread on CH and CSI. I'm going to go out on a limb and say there is *something* you can do to cause a lot more corrosion than your peers. I don't know what that is, but I have anecdotal evidence.

I ran a machine shop up until about 15 years ago. I had all of the machine work for all of the electric motor repair shops in town and got to see a LOT of pool pumps, in season. At the time I knew absolutely nothing about pool chemistry, except I knew pools used chlorine, because I could smell it....

Some pool pumps were regular visitors in my shop, where the shaft seal surface had corroded/eroded and some had failed bearings due to corrosion and subsequent damage to the bearing, shaft, or endbell surfaces. Some of these pumps showed up much more frequently than others.

I've always wondered what some people were doing right and some people were doing all wrong?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.